Funny UST Scandal Virus
• A orange icon with image of a Foot.
• Files missing, Not able to view hidden files.
• Every time you click on My Computer opens a new instance of it.
• Task Manager automatically disappearing after few seconds, not able to view process.
• System deadly slow
• Installations not occurring.
How To Remove This Virus ?
* Follow These Steps
- Download and install TaskKiller. TaskKiller forcefully kills the task and hence stops virus from replicating. Run Task Killer, and a red skull icon will appear on the system tray.Left click it, and click Processes
- Select to kill these processes –
- attrib -h -s smss.exe
- attrib -h -s autorun.inf
- Funny UST Scandal.avi.exe
“I Dont hate Mozilla but use IE or Else” Virus
Few days back when i tried to open mozilla firefox i got a message “I Dont hate mozilla but use IE or Else”… this was my first encounter with a virus… My antiVirus couldn’t detect it… thats bad.. My senior Colleague at office Mr. Mohan, he is a person who guides me in all my system related queries. Thanks Mohan. when i said him about this he went through google…. and landed on to a site “mozillaZine” where people discuss about the virus. Thankfully people had already found solution for this virus. Which had blocked my mozilla firefox but IE was accessible. even with IE i was unable to visit orkut. Disable Autorun Feature
- Click Start -> Run.
- Type RegEdit in the Open text box, then press ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, locate and click the following registry key:
- Modify the value of the Autorun to 0 (zero) so that CD-ROMs and Audio CDs do not run and start automatically when inserted.
- Next navigate to the following registry subkey:
- Modify the value of the NoDriveTypeAutoRun entry to 0xb5 value to turn off the AutoRun feature for CD-ROMs by right-click NoDriveTypeAutoRun and then click Modify to type B5 in the Value data box. Select Hexadecimal, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer.
The steps to kill the virus :
- Go to Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)
- in that click on Process Tab
- Delete only the svchost.exe of your user name
- type c:heap41a in you address barof your explorer and you can trace this folder